6-biweekly 3-hour classes/session
“Mentoring is all about inspiring others to find their voice living a creative experience”
This studio experience is different from the school models. You will be in the heart of The Distillery Historic District immersed in this artistic community enjoying the energy of this area while creating your own work in a more personalized program.
Who you are:
You are a teenager with a creative potential, and are looking for a skilled mentor to be part of your artistic growth.
What you are looking for:
You are looking for a full creative environment where you can express yourself. You want to try new ways of thinking, and learn new approaches in developing your work.
You would like to work in a fun and constructive learning atmosphere with other young people.
How you will benefit from the studio experience:
- Creative support and individual attention to help you create a body of work, your own pieces, reflect your vision, your voice, and your individual artistic language.
- Flexible and Dynamic sessions which promote individual progress and development, and a search for new painting challenges to fulfill individual and group needs as each member evolves.
- Exposure to a variety of themes, to allow you to explore possibilities, and to enrich your potential through developing your own approach. Visual information and Art bibliographies will be shared as supportive material to complement the subjects.
- Focused directed projects to complement your individual interests in colour theory, exploring techniques in drawing, painting in acrylics and the use of mixed media.
- A positive and fun atmosphere to foster a collaborative team spirit among the members of the group as they grow as artistic fellows.
- Group discussions and constructive critiques promoting open communication and new ideas in a non-judgmental environment, to encourage problem solving and to gain a better understanding of your own work. Interacting with each other will allow you to develop a critical eye and learn from multiple sources.
- Opportunities to work on a large canvas, and ability to store your painting in the studio, to facilitate working in the size of your preference, experience new brushstrokes and paint application with different tools while exploring techniques.
- Make up classes may be offered on an individual basis.
To complement your Youth Studio Experience, optional value opportunities will be offered, such as:
- Art Gallery visits
- Group exhibits outside the studio
- Workshops will be offered as they occur, for a separate fee
The package includes all type of drawing and painting materials, including graphite pencils, conte, charcoal, different sort of brushes, palette knives, spreaders, acrylic paint, gels and pastes, different kind of papers, and stretched canvases.
Please note that canvases larger than 16”x 20” are not included in the package.
January 16, 30
February 06, 20
March 05, 19
Time:1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
To be scheduled
To be scheduled
If you would like to set up an appointment for a meeting or if you have further questions about the program (including availability), please email, or give me a call at 647-968-3468.
Contact Us Register