Portfolio Development Course
The Portfolio Development Course is aimed to those individuals seeking entry into post-secondary art programs such as fine arts, illustration, architecture, and other design programs offered across the country and the US that require a portfolio for entrance.
Since each Program will have its own requirements, I offer an interview before registration to collect information about your skills by assessing your current artwork and interests. We will be able to discuss the nature of the projects that you will need to create to fulfill the specifics of the program.
How you will benefit from the studio experience:
- Creative support and individual attention to help you create a body of work, your own pieces, reflect your vision, your voice, and your individual language.
- Flexible and Dynamic sessions which promote critical thinking, and the development of conceptual ideas for the individual projects and sketchbook when needed.
- Exposure to a variety of themes, to allow you to explore various subject matter. Visual information and Art bibliographies will be shared as supportive material.
- Focused directed projects applying different techniques in drawing, painting with acrylics, and the use of mixed media.
- An intimate, positive and fun learning atmosphere to foster a collaborative team spirit among fellow students.
- Group discussions and constructive critiques promoting open communication and new ideas in a non-judgmental environment, to encourage problem solving and to strengthen proposed conceptual proposals.
- Opportunities to store your work in the studio
- Art Gallery visits within The Distillery District as a visual reference
- Make up classes may be offered on an individual basis.
If you have further questions about the program (including availability, tailored packages or private classes), please email.
Portfolio Development Packages
All packages include all type of drawing and painting materials, including graphite pencils, conte, charcoal, different sort of brushes, palette knives, spreaders, acrylic paint, gels and pastes, different kind of papers, and stretched canvases.
Please note that canvases larger than 16”x 20”are not included in the packages.
Seasonal Studio Experience Packages (9 weeks of 3-hour classes /session)
Sessions: Winter (Jan-Feb-Mar) | Spring (Apr-May-June) | Fall (Sep-Oct-Nov)
Time: 1 Saturday/Month from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm | 2 Saturdays/Month from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Don’t forget to book an appointment before completing the registration form to discuss the program and individual needs.
2016 Portfolio Development Winter Schedule
Saturday 16 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Saturday 23 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Saturday 30 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Saturday 06 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Saturday 13 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Saturday 20 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Saturday 05 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Saturday 12 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Saturday 19 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
I offer regular, all inclusive and special packages including a bonus private 3 hour class.
Contact Us Register